Monday, November 26, 2007

#7

I've become used to using Deli.icio.us while working on the online reference services and it has been very useful (although I sometimes wonder about the descriptors that people use). Fortunately I can relate to enough of the tags to make it worthwhile. For me it has become a quick way to access credible information and when time is at a premium, that's important.
I can see that adding tags to things will probably make them more accessible - Will pages accumulate so much info / comments etc that they become clogged and user unfriendly? - aesthetically displeasing?
I took up the suggestion of searching at Yarra Plenty for "kite runner" and it was good to see the results.
Overall, this exercise was a bit frustrating at times because pages took a while to load and I was conscious of "wasting time."

No comments: